Ductwork in Santa Fe, NM
The HVAC air ducts in your home are hidden from view, safely tucked behind walls and other spaces of the home. This is for good reason: they are not exactly a décor item you want to see running along the ceilings, and they are often covered in insulation as well, which is not something you want in your living space. The problem that results, however, is that it can be easy to miss when there is something wrong with the air ducts in your home.
It’s very common your air ducts have some level of leakage right now. This affects home comfort, energy efficiency, and even the lifespan of your heating and cooling equipment. Santa Fe Express Plumbing & Drain offers a solution. We offer ductwork services in Santa Fe, including duct testing and sealing, repairs, and ductwork replacement. Let us help you improve efficiency in your home and save money year after year. Simply give us a call to schedule ductwork services in Santa Fe, NM and the surrounding area.
Common Problems with Ductwork
Statistics show that the majority of air ducts leak about 30% of the air moved by a furnace or air conditioning system. That is usually due to air leaks between joints in the ducts, which can develop over time. On the other hand, ductwork is often improperly installed, as an HVAC professional may not have been involved in their original placement during construction of your home.
Other problems with ductwork include an inefficient installation, one with so many twists and turns that it’s difficult for air to get to the room, and collapsed ducts. A collapsed duct will likely stop air from reaching a room or area of the home completely.
How Leaky Ductwork Affects Your Home
When air leaks out of the ductwork, it’s not getting to the rooms of your home as quickly as it is meant to. That means your comfort, home, and wallet suffer.
- Your air conditioner and heater have to run for longer, using more energy and costing you more.
- All that extra work makes it more likely that your air conditioner or heater will break down sooner.
- Indoor air quality can suffer as insulating fibers and dust may work their way into the dust.
- Certain rooms may not get any air at all, while others may have a significant drop in comfort levels.
What Can Be Done for Your Santa Fe Ductwork?
Our technicians offer a few services to pin down leaks and resolve the issue to keep your heating and cooling systems functioning more smoothly for years to come.
- Duct Testing – This process involves using specialized equipment to measure pressure differences throughout the ducts and find the source of a leak.
- Duct Sealing – Duct tape won’t work for this type of leak, and may actually be a fire hazard! Professional mastics and other equipment seal duct leaks properly and safely.
- Duct Repair and Replacement – Sometimes, a section of ductwork can be repaired. Often, though, we find that in order to restore the efficiency of a system, a home has to start again. Duct replacement does not have to be so bad, though, when you work with the right company.
Signs that your ductwork is leaking include an increase in monthly energy bills and a difference in temperatures throughout different rooms of the home. If you suspect a problem with the ductwork in your home, reach out to the team at Santa Fe Express Plumbing & Drain. Why wait for service when you can get it express?